Friday, October 29, 2010

Quotes

One of the special things I do for myself is post quotes around my work space that either inspire me or remind me of the person that gave it to me.  By the way friends are the gifts you give yourself and friendships are like gardens they need to be worked tenderly and frequently.

The creative mind plays with the object it loves. Carl Jung

To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. Joseph Chilton Pearce

Every problem is a possibility in disguise.


Fear of failure will absolutely destroy you.  You walk down the middle of the street.  You never take chances. You never go down the little side streets that you look at and say, "That looks interesting. But I don't know that street.  I'll stay right here and just walk this straight line." Eugene Griessman


What you do speaks so loudly no one can really hear what you say.

Failure? I never encountered it.  All I ever met were temporary setback. Dottie Walters

Experience is not what happens to a man.  It is what a man does with what happens to him. Aldous Huxley.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right  Henry Ford

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. Henry Ford

and my favorite!

He who works with his hands is a laborer.  He who works with his hand and his head is a craftsman.  He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist. St. Francis of Assisi

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcomings, who knows the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows in the end the high achievement of triumph and who at worst, if he fails while daring greatly, knows his place shall never be with those timid and cold souls who know neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt

Some of the things I hang on my walls are cartoons or pictures of inspiration of either human or animal origin. There are days when we all need to realize that we are not alone, need a chuckle or need to restore our faith. Good luck in decorating your space, make it personal, creative, funny, inspiring and even throw in an occasional funny shaped rock or beautiful wind/water created driftwood...let it be you. All work and no play.........

No comments:

Post a Comment