Monday, April 6, 2015

Muddling through the "Good Life"

I picked up the other day "The Creative Spirit" by Daniel Goleman and found one of my favorite people Chuck Jones had added a few of his cartoons being my favorite Wile E Coyote.

Chuck Jones "fearing the dragon of anxiety is the necessary springboard to creativity."

Concentrate on what truly matters and don't get caught up in the banter of life, tv, computers, all are distractions.  Go for a long walk when needing refreshing  or to clean out the trials of the day.  Who doesn't think of great ideas or solve problems while showering or driving or on a leisurely walk.

"Four powerful tools for developing creativity.
Faith in your own creativity, absence of judgment, precise observation and penetrating questions. Remember the only dumb question is the one you do not ask."

Which brings me to add a note that I have declared 2015 to be the year of learning by asking dumb questions. If it saves me time or money I want to inquire as to "how" and learn.  Humbling yourself by asking advice (something a lot of us have problems doing) is as it should be an adventure in learning.

"Interpersonal intelligence is knowing oneself". You know where you have doubts and fears or where you fall in your day to day creating journey so you know what needs to be worked on or supported.  Everyone needs to embrace and cultivate this self knowledge.

"Life is, after all, not a question with an answer-it is a project to be lived." Eric Maisel

Listen to your inner thoughts more than the chatter of everyday demands, just remember to delete the negative. Mindless chatter does not benefit you, try to recognize beneficial ideas.

I wish I could watch Wile E Coyote cartoons in my studio all day as I work...I think it would add to my "joy", enjoy your creating.

"If one advances in the direction of his dreams, one will meet with success unexpected in common hours."  Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment