Tuesday, August 26, 2014

2014 Class offered

Finally my life is settling down with only one more show to go so I can actually schedule my time to teach.

Those of you that know me know that I try to help younger artist that are just beginning...the reason being is one day a young man told me that it was so hard to ask artist questions about technique because they acted as though they wanted to keep it all a vague secret.

Well nothing I do is a secret and I consider it just part of life that you would want to pass along to someone else what you know or what you have learned the hard way just to keep someone from going through the same hard lesson. Anyone that has read this blog knows that I don't hold anything back.

This class is as always a class for the beginning sculptor and we cover research, armatures, subject matter developing with the bone structure and muscle underlying. The student will bring with them an idea of subject and also any research pictures or sketches they have to refer to (they also will be responsible for any purchase they have to make towards clay bought at the sculpture depot in Loveland) which would be our first day outing if they do not purchase this in advance. Also the pipe structure discussed will need to be either sculpture wire purchased at Sculpture Depot or fittings bought at Home Depot.

The class will begin Sept. 30 and continue through the 3rd of October, a four day class that will be intense from beginning at 8:30 until 4:30. (You will be asked to provide your own lunch). I am 10 minutes from hotels and food.

We will cover not only anatomy of the subject but support, balance, movement and space. You will end up with a piece that is almost finished or finished depending on the size you undertake.

Come have fun with me and learn about texture, using your eye, finding errors and enjoying the great Rocky Mountains afterwards if you want to explore the beautiful mountains or enjoy the wildlife on your own. I am an hours drive from the Rocky Mountain National Park and 50 minutes from Denver or the Denver International Airport.

The class is only $375.00 for four days and you can contact me at 1 970 396 1098 or pcampbellsculpt@yahoo.com I also have Square if any want to use credit cards. Here is wishing you a great day and may your desires to sculpt come true. It all begins with baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment