Friday, January 14, 2011

Re-thinking Ideas

Recently I have been talking to other artist that have been re-inventing themselves and trying to create according to the current markets. Sometimes if you can think of a project that still stays true to your beliefs and along the same genre that you feel comfortable with this is good, it is thinking outside the box. What I hear a little though is doubt...DOUBT, and that is sad. I know that all artist find a bad economy a challenge but it should not pick at your creative side and chastise it to the point that your internal voice tells you to give it up and try something just to make money. What it should do is open a door you have not peered into yet and let you see some opportunity that you could not fancy

When people are not investing in art they are often either buying personal gifts for a special person or even corporations are looking into utilizing the 1% For Art Program that quite often builds up in some locations and is threatened by the need in other areas therefore the tendency of a city to steal from that fund.  A bad economy just means that you need to research deeper and into those dark corners that you might not have ever considered before.

Quite often when I am stuck I go down and work in the studio for at least two hours even if it is just pinching up clay and warming it or cleaning off work space...what I find is that the environment that allows me to get my juices going again will kick in and get me excited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment